About Vienna is powered by ActiLingua German Course Vienna
Living in Vienna
Travelling to a foreign country is always an experience.
To avoid any difficulties, always check the following in advance:
- if you need a visa to go to Vienna (Austria)
- if your passport is valid
- health: generally, no particular vaccinations are needed for visiting Austria but do bring a first-aid kit
- health insurance: medical care is expensive, get health insurance esp. if you plan to stay longer
- find out about local etiquette, Austria's dos and don'ts>
- if you need an adaptor (electricity: 220 V, 50 Hz)
- pack carefully: Austrian weather is not the most reliable, be sure to bring clothing for all types of weather.
- Austria follows the metric system, online
- currency: Euro!!
- time zone: 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Medium Time
Don't forget!: Austria observes Daylight Saving Time from March to October
Vienna Schwechat is Austria's main airport, but you can also fly to Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt or Graz. Austrian Airlines (AUA), is a holding company that includes Lauda Air and Tyrolean Airlines as well, flies to numerous international destinations. Find out about cheap flights to Vienna.
The Austrian rail network is comfortable, modern and reliable. International
bus connections are cheaper but also slower and less comfortable.
The network of streets and highways is excellent and well maintained. You can cross the border 24 hours a day at major crossing points.
Your stay in Vienna might be the perfect opportunity to learn German fast and effectively with an intensive German course!
In only one week, you can learn to speak German, meet new friends and experience the beautiful city of Vienna.
AboutVienna.org is powered by
Apartment Hotel, Hotel Vienna
Comfortable Budget Hotel
Tel. + 43 1 877 6701 | skype: actilingua
Learn German in Vienna