Living in Vienna
Quality of life in Vienna
The quality of life is generally very high in Vienna. With a thriving economy, a stable political system, Austria's beautiful countryside (not only the Austrian Alps bewitch with their majestic beauty) and it's cultural diversity, all contribute to a high-quality lifestyle for locals and tourists alike.
Austria's capital Vienna ranks as one of the most attractive cities world wide. The subjective feeling of well-being attested to by locals and tourists alike has been repeatedly attested to by leading international studies and city rankings.
Vienna - 4th place in an international quality of life survey
The aim of international city rankings is to provide objective,
consistent and comprehensive data of comparison.
Subjective expectations, of course, can vary but certain attributes are objectively relevant: political stability, personal safety and freedom, medical and health considerations, educational situation, public services and transports, recreational options, availability of consumer goods, housing and environmental situation.
The internationally acclaimed ranking by Mercer's overall
quality of life survey 2006 evaluates 250 cities world
Zurich (Switzerland) ranks first, closely followed by Geneva (Switzerland), with Vancouver (Canada) third and Vienna (Austria) in fourth place
Within EU capital city rankings Vienna (Austria) is the unchallenged first.
There are many reasons why Vienna fares so well in such objective and subjective evaluations. Therefore, the following list is not exhaustive.
- Vienna - city of culture: numerous activities in the area of theatre, music, art exhibitions, public readings, museums and operas that cater to all tastes!
- Imperial Vienna: Imperial buildings like Hofburg, Schönbrunn Palace, Belvedere Palace, the splendid buildings of the Ring Boulevard, the medieval narrow streets and the baroque squares that shape the city's image.
- A safe city with an excellent public transport network of underground trains, trams and buses
- Well-organised public services, a clean environment and excellent transport options
- Educational facilities are efficient and available to all
- Good price level: excellent value for money
- Moderate and mild climate. Average summer temperatures 20°C to 30°C, average winter temperatures around 0°C.
AboutVienna.org is powered by
Apartment Hotel, Hotel Vienna
Comfortable Budget Hotel
Tel. + 43 1 877 6701 | skype: actilingua
Learn German in Vienna